Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

yum...tambi!

The last few days were quite rewarding, i visited a local friend and found he had a fiance and a cute little 2yr old - i enjoyed the evening with them. baby robert had a very bloated belly so I insisted they take him to the dr. The doc said that he was fine (I disagree), but just needed more varied nutrition (agreed). i shared some maria biscuits with them, and it was touching to see mum put hers aside for the baby, even though i'd given him one. they have a great little place but no cash flow as his work was contracted out. i've given him some ideas and lent/given him some goods and a few dollars to get a micro business going, and so far it seems to be bearing fruit.

Last night I went to Club Naval (resort) with a friend from Vancouver (HR intern). I had a greek salad - wasn't the greatest but was still nice to get a salad for once. Until I'm settled into a permanent place, I probably won't cook much. But i did make yogurt! it was soso, perhaps because my culture base came from fruit yogurt. Will try again. And I made the most delicious Tambi! (sweet vermicelli in milk aka dudh wari sev) which is a very tradtional east african dish which my grandma wud always make - i had no idea it was so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment