Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Evening 2 of 5

The journey to Kisumu was long, but we made it.  Missed Naivasha and Kericho, but did connect with family in Nakuru, where our bus stopped at Gilani's Supermarket for lunch.  Meeting lotsa unknown family and making some interesting friends who are East Africa/Safari virigins.  I remember how amazing my first safari was....
 
We had an evening on Lake Victoria yesterday, and tonight is Bollywood Sangeet.  Tommorrow is the wedding and reception, and then Saturday is Arabic Swahili night.  Impossible to get flights out of Kisumu. Over 18 countries are represented here.  Happy to connect with my dadabapa's cousin, who is about 85.  And dada's bro, who is about 94.  Missed my dadima's 85th on Aug 4th (same day as the major Kenyan referendum, for which YES vote has succeeded), and missing Zahra's wedding right now :(
 
Got news that I passed my CFP while in France, pls keep the paper if you see my name published!  I think Globe and Mail.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Naheed, you world traveler, you! I'm confused. What were you doing in France, and what are you doing in Kenya? How long will you be there? We're all arriving on Wednesday evening. Will you still be around? Keep up the posts, but fill me in, please!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete