Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

rant

weekend was fun as i live in the cool part of town now (the beach) and went snorkeling which was great; i'll go back this weekend.  however i haven't had running water for a week which is kinda annoying, and then this AM my power credit got used up, just to make life more difficult (I assumed it was just the usual power outage, but at 6am the guarda was rapping on my window to wake and inform me).  Then my empregada (cleaner) had to leave town as her niece died (i think; am never sure with the language barrier), then my security guard had to go to the hospital as his sister was in a traffic accident and got transferred to the provincial hospital here in pemba.  All sorts of crap to deal with!  So didn't reach work until after 9:30am.  as for the motorbike i was trying to buy last week, the goddamn place couldn't accept my visa, mastercard, or debit, so prob have to go to the bank machine and draw 5 times, if they have the cash that is. And I probably get stupid exchange rates.



No comments:

Post a Comment