Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

a reef? right in front of my house?

I'm going to be bored outta my mind on wkds. They're like a never-ending beach vacation!

This wkd was good as this Sunday AM did some amazing snorkeling!
Cost me $6 (a tip)! The reef is right in front of my place during low tide! Cut up my hands and legs a bit on the coral
as it comes right up to the surface. This was more fun then those expensive touristy trips - like when I snorkeled in Bahamas in 2009 or scuba'd in zanzibar in July. It was just so effortless - no prep required, just grab the snorkel and 15mins later you are enjoying the ocean.

On prev wkds I'd wonder town and pass time with the Ismaili community including
my roomates and their friends and wondering town. Now that I live on the beach,I'm constantly harrased
by beach boys, but I'm kinda in the coolest part of pemba. On Sunday's,
U can hardly see the beach in front of me its so crowded!

Since coming back to Pemba on Tuesday I've had a bad on and off cold - probably due to being around sick people, the climate change from Nairobi, and due to going from a/c to scorching heat in Pemba. Somehow found some Cogoni Jivan Sanjivani in Mombasa whilst shopping for spices, so a little addicted to that along with my little vicks inhaler as some of you always see me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment