Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 1 complete! Salta to Coronel Moldes. The start of our Route 68 journey.

Date sent: Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM (before I got blogging again)
Subject: Day 1 complete! Salta to Coronel Moldes. The start of our Route 68 journey

Today was our first day riding. It was a pretty tiring 67km especially in the afternoon when the Sun was really strong - it hit 33 degrees. A few in the group headed on an "extra" ride to bike the hills around Cabra Corral and the reservoir. I was grabbing a shower to cool down, and get all that sunblock off, and so I missed them.  I decided to be brave and go out on my own - I went probably 10 kilometers through some incredible roads and saw some amazing country residences, but never found them. I turned back early to beat the 8pm sunset and avoid riding in the dark. It was awful - I got chased by numerous dogs while riding it was really scary and made me glad I had my rabies shot!  But nonetheless it wasn't the smartest idea to ride alone because I didn't know exactly where I was headed, I didn't have a phone, a map, money, or a watch, lights or any medicine.  Oh well, next time Ill carry emergency rocks.

We ride again for the next two days and then we get a rest day!

This may have some relevant pics from my lake ride...

https://www.google.ca/search?q=embalse+de+cabra+corral&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rcEfU9mXCseTkQeqioGQDQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=837


No comments:

Post a Comment