Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sunday March 9th - en route to Ampimpa

A tough ride as expected. A steady climb out of the valley, reaching high temp of at least 36, folllowed by switchback thru the mtn pass with incredible headwinds that could carry me over the cliff! I was on empty; a tamale after my carb/protein drink just wasnt enough to push me through.  When I finally reached Observatrio, we discoveredour trout farm destination was a couple miles in, via a steep rocky road.  Pretty much everyone walked their bikes up, while i used the very last of my reserves to bike up 30% of it. 

The fresh trout and empanada dinner with our host Horhay made it worthwhile, but moreso the beautiful vistas and the fact that we were somewhere no tourist would go or gain access to.

We camped out that night, I managed to get a decent sleep and only woke occassionally hearing the donkys screech across the valley.
 
The next day we would walk our bikes down back to the highway and then ride up to the peak of 3,042m - and see what the other side of the valley would bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment